Gunzilla Games is an independent AAA game developer with offices in Frankfurt, Los Angeles, and Kyiv. They are looking for an Environment Artist to create game-ready assets, highpoly and lowpoly models, photorealistic materials and textures, and believable environments within the engine. The ideal candidate should have a passion for game development, a strong ability to create modular environments within a game engine, and knowledge of content creation software such as Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush. Gunzilla Games offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks and gym membership. They encourage diversity and promise that every application will be given the same consideration regardless of the applicant's background. The recruitment process involves filling in a registration form, submitting a CV and portfolio, a Zoom call with the recruitment team, hiring manager and team Zoom interviews, and a competency test for some roles.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for an Environment Artist to create one-of-a-kind environments for our ground-breaking AAA title.
- As an Environment Artist, you will:
- Create game-ready assets given the technical limitations
- Create highpoly and lowpoly models
- Create modular asset sets
- Create efficient UV layouts
- Create photorealistic materials and textures
- Build believable environments within the engine
- Work together with other Artists, Designers, and various other developers on creating our game world
- A passion for game-development
- An interest for either the more artistic and creative - or - technical and pipeline related sides of game development
- A strong ability to create believable modular environments within a game engine
- Ability to derive a well structured lowpoly model from a high poly model, and vice versa
- Understanding of efficient UV layout, PBR pipeline and modular level creation methods
- Knowledge of content creation software such as Blender, Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance and Zbrush
- Good understanding of shader functionality.
- A passion for games
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Location: FrankfurtKyiv /
Date found: 2023-03-17