This is a great opportunity to join a well-respected Games Development Studio as a Buildings Assistant based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this position, the Buildings Assistant will report to the Buildings Manager and be responsible for helping to manage and maintain all aspects of buildings, facilities, utilities and Health and Safety. This includes performing preventative building repairs and maintenance checks, as well as assisting in managing any outsourced third-party facilities management service providers brought in under contract for all Creative Assembly sites in Horsham/Burgess Hill.
During busy periods, weekend work may be regularly required.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is in-studio only and cannot be offered as hybrid or fully remote.
As the Buildings Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy studio environment alongside the other Studio Support team members.
On a day-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the studios
- Have ownership of vendor contracts and regular meetings with the Finance department with regards to the raising of POs
- Help to organise building maintenance as and when required
- Assist in managing key dates and 3rd party contact details
- Be one of the first ports of call either face to face, or via our office ticket system, for all aspects of the studio
- Be on the out of hours callout contact list. Responding appropriately to emergencies, or urgent issues, as they arise and rectify accordingly
- Resolve and/or report the breakdown of equipment, or services to ensure that any in-house fixes have been put into place where possible and assist with furniture/equipment removals and assembly
- Support delivering H&S inductions as well as the upkeep for the Fire Warden and First Aider logs and work with the team to ensure building signage is up to date
- Help oversee the quality control of the work agreed by contractors and ensure it has been completed satisfactorily with any shortcomings followed up.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel between multiple studio sites daily (Horsham and Burgess Hill)
- Friendly demeanour and customer service-related skills
- Must work well within a team
- Proficient using MS Office
- Experience with admin-based work
- Experience with manual handling, some heavy lifting may be required at times
- Full/clean driving licence for use of the company van when required.
- Experience of working in multi-site locations
- CAD trained
- M&E knowledge
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Experience with building fit-outs or moves.
Please note: We cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
We have studio locations across Horsham, UK in Newcastle, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria. These include several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Country: United Kingdom