PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Future Technology Group here at PlayStation collaborates on exciting developments like this!
FTG’s Cloud Gaming Platform enabled SONY AI to create SOPHY!
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Technical Writer (Contract)
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a Technical Writer in the Global FTG Division, you will spearhead the creation, oversight and organization of technical documents, manuals, and knowledge base of processes. You will work alongside teams in different countries to enable PlayStation to stay ahead of our competition by pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
- Assist with the creation, organization and upkeep of internal technical documentation relating to Data Center Operations, Network Engineering, Platform Engineering, Service Reliability Engineering, and Technical Project Management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, global cross-functional teams (CFTs), and internal business users to define, support, guide and maintain documentation standards and requirements.
- Provide proactive guidance and support to engineers by writing or assisting with writing internal technical manuals, standard operating procedures and other software, systems or network related documentation.
- Translate or revise detailed documentation into a consistent and easy-to-understand "how-to" style for consumption by entry-level analysts and engineers.
- Organize existing documentation - Edit and streamline, identify gaps, lead efforts to ensure accuracy and consistency of documentation across the division.
- Draw and maintain relevant diagrams to support operational documentation.
Skills and Knowledge
- BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a Technical Writing or related role.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an IT, network, software development, or related field.
- Strong general technical skills.
- Experienced with using Atlassian Confluence and Jira.
- Familiarity with GitHub and GitLab.
- Comfortable with navigating and documenting terminal commands in Unix-like operating systems, software code in code repositories like GitHub and GitLab, and network infrastructure configuration.
- Working knowledge or general technical understanding of Internet networks, Data Centers and related networks and systems server infrastructure.
- Detail-oriented with a sharp eye for grammatical errors and ambiguities.
- High level of competency with written and spoken English language.
- Effective communicator and exceptional facilitator for collaborative sessions and stakeholder meetings.
- Curious, eager to learn, and not afraid to ask questions.
- Proficient in taking and organizing notes; ready to answer questions on-demand.
- Experience working alongside global operations teams across different time-zones and countries.
- Familiarity and/or competency in languages other than English, such as German and Japanese.
- Experience with bringing diverse groups of people together to produce breakthrough results.
- Professional experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Experience in designing visual assets such as workflow charts, diagrams, and banners.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Aliso Viejo, CA
Country: United States