Wargaming is looking for a Senior Game Designer to work on the legendary World of Tanks action MMO game with 160 million registered users worldwide.
What will you do?
- Feature owning in separate team on the project. Controlling the game design direction and final quality of the features.
- Working with meta and core gameplay. Focus here may differ depending on the current team’s priorities and backlog.
- Mentoring other game designers, working with other teams as game design expert.
- Participation in brainstorms & playtests.
- Being responsible of translating the high level game vision and design direction into tangible gameplay elements which work in concert with each other and with the other core disciplines (LD, narrative, level, art, sound and tech) to create compelling and fun game experiences for the player.
- Designing and communicating consistent game experiences across all main AAA platforms.
- Using input from research, data analysis, and other teams to deeply understand customers and drive design decisions.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience as a Game Designer.
- Good understanding of the midcore / hardcore f2p game design.
- Deep shooter experience: as a player or as a game designer. Understanding of strategy and RPG games is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work within restrictions to solve problems as they occur.
- Active contribution to the growth of the studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility to increase the quality of the game and health of the team.
- Deep understanding of the needs of game users, familiar with the various processes of game production and operation.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in working as a game designer in shooter, RPG or strategy games.
- Prototyping experience.
- Experience as a speaker at conferences.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.