PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
s a Site Reliability Manager and engineering leader within the Account & Identity services domain, you will lead team and take ownership for keeping key user experiences on the platform available, resilient, performant, and secure, while continually enabling our engineering teams to efficiently deliver new and engaging products and adopt new tools and technology.
You will collaborate across engineering and operations teams, and leaders to lead and platform wide standardization and technical initiatives, proactively identify and drive improvements in people, process, and technology that enable our teams to deliver, run and operate their services, champion a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence, and provide amazing customer experiences for millions of users. You should have a strong technical ability, demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a team of site reliability engineers (SREs), provide for and support critical applications and services supporting our platform and be directly responsible for maintaining PlayStation's stellar uptime record.
- Responsible for end-to-end availability and reliability of critical PSN experiences such as sign-in, account, and game play - provide our customers & players with always-available, high-performing, amazing, and secure Play experiences.
- Continually refine and improve existing processes through structured decision making and collaborative execution.
- Drive adoption of industry standard methodologies and practices for Infrastructure as Code, deployment, observability, load & resiliency testing, and reliability.
- Reduce toil and enable teams to operate and run their services thru automation and tooling.
- Define and maintain standards for Reliability, Availability, Serviceability (RAS) for onboarding of new features, products, and services.
- Lead by example, care for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your team's technical and operational execution.
- Lead day-to-day team activities using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Support and scheduling on-call rotations.
- Proven track record of leading successful engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and running sophisticated software systems and highly scalable/available software.
- 2+ years in a technical leadership or engineering manager role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- 5 years of work experience in a technical leadership role with a minimum of 1+ years in SRE/DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in triaging and tuning Java cloud applications with integration into AWS managed services.
- Knowledge of Linux, Scripting, automation, Cloud, infrastructure, and application monitoring tools (Prometheus, Datadog, Dynatrace); previous exposure to Kubernetes, EKS, or similar container orchestration systems.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environments.
- Experience with distributed systems / micro service architecture.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Diego, CA
Country: United States