VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, San Francisco, Toronto, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Technology team in Sydney and are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join the team.
What you should know about our Engineering team:
- We make room to do things the right way, rather than hacking stuff in
- You own your projects: you build it, you ship it, you run it
- We were born in the cloud: practices and principles like CI/CD, IaC, O11y and CyberSec are part of what we do
When it comes to Learning and Development:
- Learning is part of our fabric. We have a world-class Engineering Learning and Development program, and we are passionate about career development.
- Thought Leaders regularly give tailored talks and workshops for our team.
- We are proactive in the community attending many local and international conferences; and when covid hit we held our own day-long conference: Techtonic
- We have both a technical and management track for career progression and promotions
- We have a library of books and videos with good content and encourage staying on top of new practices.
Our current analytics stack includes Snowflake, Data Bricks, AWS (including S3 and Redshift), Python and SQL.
What you will bring to the role:
- Degree in Computer Science and practical experience
- You have the ability to write clean, maintainable, and robust code in Python, Scala or other similar languages
- You have strong knowledge of software engineering concepts and best practices like OO and functional programming paradigms
- You have hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale
- Experience with large scale object storage managing both structured and unstructured data such as a data/delta lake
- You are familiar with the latest OSS, cloud, containerisation, query languages and database technologies
- Experience with both streaming and batch loading of data would be advantageous
- Experience with real-time analytics, visualisation tooling and big data would also be advantageous
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.