A position for a Software Engineer in Test is now open for a meticulously hard working engineer with a passion for quality assurance. Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices and platforms including Oculus, OpenXR, Magic Leap, and HoloLens, across Mobile, Desktop, and Consoles, coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. On the XR team we go bold while still maintaining a focus on quality over quantity.
For our customers to build immersive experiences, they need a reliable and stable game engine. As a QA Engineer in XR, you will engage with our developers and partners to test the latest XR platform features and experiences, and ensure quality from inception to sunset of a project. You will work with passionate engineers from all around the world to raise our quality bar and help deliver the features that have powered the most successful VR games! Your work will ensure that our customers can quickly integrate new XR technologies and easily deploy to a wide variety of platforms.
What you’ll be doing
- Automate the newest XR features and technologies
- Assist other Unity teams in automating their features on XR devices
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Interact and communicate with external partners and be able to react to changing priorities
What we’re looking for
- You are a Quality Engineer that understands the importance of an efficient and dependable automation system to deliver a solid product to our creators
- Experience with C# programming language (.Net Core)
- Prior experience using Unity
- Experience working with mobile, desktop, or console platforms
You might also have
- Experience or interest in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Self-motivated and constantly looking to improve
- Ardent about customer experience and product quality
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to internal and external partners
- Comfortable working and presenting to an embedded QA team
- Passion for technology
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Country: United States
Subscribe to all Quality Assurance jobs in United States
Create Profile and Get Noticed