Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a Worldbuilding Game Designer who loves the intersection of mechanics and flavor? Can you write art briefs and build worlds, while keeping your head in both the Fun and the Future of gaming?
What You'll Do:
On any given day in the Magic TCG Studio, you could:
- Write a high volume of art briefs.
- Provide appropriate feedback to art directors about illustrations, including mechanical relevance continuity concerns for character and lore.
- Generate unique and compelling narrative card content (e.g. flavor text).
- Coordinate with designers, narrative leads, and Product Architecture to ensure goals for card set are represented.
- Participate in Game Design brainstorms.
- Participate in worldbuilding and playtesting to foster collaborative communication between groups and make sure card set is aligned with each team’s needs.
What You'll Bring:
We are looking a curious, adaptable, and creative new team member to bring their robust worldbuilding, collaborative communication, and game design skills to Magic!
Magic produces multiple worlds, hundreds of characters, and thousands of cards per year, and we are a high-talent, welcoming team seeking someone with:
- 2+ years experience writing prolific art briefs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- An orientation towards both ownership and flexibility in the game design process.
- A deep love for and understanding of the world design process within a game design environment.
- A bias toward action and eagerness to iterate on ideas.
- A passion for feedback and data to better inform their work.
- Strong valuation of inclusive storytelling.
- Some knowledge of the TCG/CCG design space.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed