At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is looking for a talented Systems Engineer who has a strong understanding of Windows systems and an inclination to automate repetitive tasks and develop tooling. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Andover, MA.
WHAT WE DO
- We work closely with developers, DBAs, build engineers, and security teams.
- We build world-class infrastructure for our high traffic, high visibility web sites and services.
- We provide operational support for critical services that enable connected experiences found across our game franchises.
- We constantly review our processes, automate wherever possible, and develop our own toolchains.
- Build and maintain Windows servers and associated applications in a highly available, public facing environment.
- Manage and support .NET/ASP.NET web sites and services.
- Automate workflows and contribute to our significant PowerShell/DSC/Chef codebase.
- Perform root cause analysis through multiple infrastructure layers.
- Build and support SQL Server 2019 failover clusters.
- Manage storage systems including Pure Storage, Compellent, and Brocade hardware.
- Manage VMware clusters.
- Administer monitoring systems such as CheckMK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Respond to critical off-hours requests in an on-call rotation.
- Experience managing highly distributed, Windows-based, production environments.
- Thorough understanding of Windows Server operating system internals.
- Proficient in a high-level language like PowerShell or Python to automate tasks.
- Experience with configuration management or infrastructure as code (Chef preferred).
- Strong experience with VMware, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and HTTP.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting online gaming development and production environments.
- Linux administration – preferably LAMP stack.
- Experience with containerization technology (preferably Docker).
- General Cisco administration experience for tagging VLANs, configuring ACLs.
- Knowledge of C#.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed