VSP Lead Software Engineer, Quality
Role descriptionThe opportunity
We are currently looking for a Quality Lead with a genuine passion for quality, to run our Quality Assurance team in Vilnius, Lithuania, specifically looking after our Verified Solutions Partner Program. You will be responsible for managing a team of QA Engineers who, in turn, are dedicated to ensuring the very highest quality public releases of third party products known as Unity’s Verified Solutions Partners (VSPs).
Unity is growing fast and this is a new sub team within the existing Release Engineering team, passionate about external partner products. As the team leader, you will build, develop and establish your area to help craft the future of Unity’s ecosystem of verified third party solutions. You will work directly with others spanning different industries such as Games, Automotive, Transportation & Manufacturing, Film, Animation & Cinematics and Architecture, Engineering & Construction. Your quality assurance experience combined with a technical background and leadership skills will enable you to excel in your role using innovative technologies serving 34 billion Made with Unity installs in the past 12 months.What you'll be doing
- Lead and constantly improve Verification standards, processes, methods and tools for third party solutions.
- Speaking to partners from exciting companies about their solutions, including explaining best practices and delivering test results.
- Partner with Unity’s QA, Product, and R&D teams to communicate cross-functional updates as it relates to our Verified Solutions Partner Program.
- Continuously evaluate which aspects of the manual quality assurance process can be automated in order scale the team’s efforts and facilitate the growth of the Verified Solutions Partnerships program.
- Hold regular 1:1's and performance evaluation processes with team members.
- Strong independent worker with ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously
- Phenomenal communicator and problem-solver, with an eye for detail
- Experience working and communicating with external partners
- Proven track record of solid people and project management; advising a mixture of on-site, remote and international quality assurance engineers.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Experience in coding (C# preferred)
- Hands-on experience using a games' engine (not just our own!) is helpful
- Having implemented third party solutions within projects is a plus
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Date posted: 2022-01-20