Wizards Of The Coast
VP Marketing & Commercial – Magic: The Gathering®
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in! We believe diversity of experience is fundamental to formulating accessible and fun gaming experiences for all our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team!
We are seeking a VP Marketing & Commercial, Magic: The Gathering® (MTG), to lead our global product marketing, brand marketing and omni-channel commercial and engagement strategy and execution.
A key strategic partner to both the SVP of Marketing & Sales and the SVP and GM of the Magic Franchise, this role is integral to the Magic leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record in a marketing and commercial leadership role for a gaming or entertainment brand.
What you will do:
Be a game changer with strategic vision and passion for the brand
- Set the vision and the strategies to develop the global audience of Magic: The Gathering with a direct leadership of the long-term new player growth.
- Guide the long-range business planning of MTG with key insights into audiences, markets, products, to reach a modern, diverse, and multi-generational audience.
- Drive global brand positioning, brand identity, tone of voice to grow global brand awareness and business growth.
Be a stand-out marketer and commercial leader
- Design compelling product marketing strategies based on deep data informed insights into players’ needs, motivations & behaviors, product & play experience offerings, and audience segmentation.
- Build successful demand generation strategies and champion innovative ways to bring Magic to market that improve return on spend.
- Inspire millions of fans to enjoy MTG however they play or shop with exciting global omni-channel campaigns that grow revenue, fan delight and long-term engagement.
- Team up with the VP, Sales & Regional development, and other functional VPs to align and deliver Magic’s commercial objectives as set by the Magic SVP/GM and leadership team.
Be a bar-raiser and a trusted partner who thrives thru collaboration
- Lead a diverse and global team including aligning them on a vision, advising them on its execution, mentoring, inspiring and expanding our data & insights-rich culture of learning and personal development.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external partners at Hasbro to build rich and connected experiences for the multi-generational fans of MTG.
- Act as a key strategic member of the Magic Leadership team. Partner with the SVP/GM Magic and other VPs to create a vision for Magic growth and make that vision a reality.
- Hold the financial responsibility for advertising and promotional budgets and resource planning. Partner across Magic Studio, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Regions, Sales, and Channel to align annual global marketing and commercial goals.
What You'll Bring:
- 15+ years of experience specifically in global consumer brand marketing strategy and general management
- BA/BS required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Strategic leader with experience in building, mentoring, coaching and scaling high performing, inclusive and global teams
- Successful leadership track record that includes growing fandom and global business for gaming or entertainment brands.
Additional subject matter expertise and skills
- Proficient in building consumer marketing and omnichannel go-to-market strategies that drive revenue growth.
- Exceptional at all fields of marketing, market research, product positioning, consumer promotions, digital marketing innovation and stellar creative development.
- Highly proactive, driven by excellence, organized, and adaptable leader with shown success leading cross-functional groups, achieving success through collaboration.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form who brings together vision and action.
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others.
Position is located in our Bellevue, WA office
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Country: United States