Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
VFX Artist Role
We are seeking an experienced, proactive VFX Artist to build industry-leading visual effects for our games. You will combine technical proficiency and superb aesthetic sensibilities to bring the world of Magic: the Gathering to life! The VFX Artist utilizes a variety of tools to build performant and beautiful effects. You will collaborate with other artists, animators, and UX designers to deftly balance visual direction with the information needs of the game.
What You'll Do:
- Work with designers and engineers to define, clarify, and visualize asset requirements for everything from individual features to entire game VFX style guides.
- Build original particle systems, game piece animations, shaders, models and ambient scene assets that combined together form outstanding VFX. Invent unforgettable experiences for players that dazzle even after hundreds of viewings!
- Develop visual benchmarks to ensure you are making a unique and remarkable user experience.
- Collaborate with technical artists and art leads to define game asset priorities, and to build and implement VFX pipelines.
- Work with the Art Director to lead the vision for VFX assets, adapting them to both the needs of development iteration and live game feature addition and change.
- Innovate on new asset types that merge appealing visualizations with sophisticated information designs for information dense games.
- Optimize game assets and implementation as needed for both performance and platform specialization.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years as a VFX Artist for realtime games, or equivalent experience.
- Love for games and game development.
- A dazzling portfolio of VFX creations.
- Strong drive for artistic growth and maintaining currency with evolving technology.
- Experience in balancing conflicting priorities of visual quality, CPU and memory performance, and development time, to produce the best results for the project.
- Proficiency in animation and art fundamentals.
- Skill at shader creation and optimization, 3D modeling in Maya, and texture painting in Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of asset integration and management with Unity.
- Self-motivated and excellent time management.
- Outstanding problem solving skills in devising imaginative and efficient visual solutions for design challenges.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed