Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
The Live Services team has the unique opportunity to work across multiple brands and titles at 2K; including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, and PGA Tour 2K. As part of the Marketing department, the Live Services team helps promote 2K’s titles through a variety of creative mediums: trailers, social media content, performance media, commercials, motion graphics, etc.
We are seeking an experienced, multi-talented Video Content Creator to work with our Live Services team and focus on our NBA 2K, WWE 2K and PGA Tour 2K franchises. The ideal candidate possesses excellent video editing and motion graphics skills, can perform quickly under extremely tight and fast deadlines and must be able to multi-task multiple projects in tandem. The candidate must also be passionate about the brands and experienced with video games. This is a one-year, contract position with the possibility to convert to full-time employment.
What You Will Do:
Working in collaboration with the Live Services team to perform and execute the following tasks for various media assets, but not limited to:
- Video Editing: social media content, trailers, promo-ads, paid-media, commercials, interviews, cinematics, sizzle reels, etc.
- Motion Graphics: Animated slates/gfx, motion/camera tracking, typography, keying, etc. Advanced typography and design skills are required for this role.
- Post-Production: color grading, sound design and mixing, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
What Will Make You a Great Fit:
Working within the Live Services team, the Video Content Creator handles all aspects of content production with an emphasis to optimize and evolve video content across all brands and media platforms. This includes but is not limited to, video editing, motion graphics design, visual effects, sound design and mixing, color correction, and encoding; all while ensuring the highest-quality production values and quality standards.
Applicants must have a very strong work ethic, possess outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced and demanding creative environment.
- Must provide an online demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or portfolio will NOT be considered.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the players, teams and superstars associated with the NBA, WWE, and PGA.
- Experience with producing and optimizing content for all social media platforms and various required formats/specs.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Expert Adobe After Effects compositing and animation skills: excellent/advanced typography skills, animation, motion/camera tracking, and keying, etc.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party plugin suites: Trapcode, Red Giant, DigiEffects, etc.
- Fundamental experience with sound design and audio mixing.
- Fluency in color correction and color grading.
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills including use of SAN storage, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with the 2K brands is a big plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn 2K proprietary software and best practices.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $31.25 and $45.67 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Novato, California, United States
Country: United States