Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a VFX Artist to join their team and work on the upcoming Alan Wake 2!
Do you enjoy creating stunning visuals? Do you thrive on collaborating with other artists to develop and implement rewarding and memorable VFX?
In this role you will have the chance to transform abstract ideas into inspiring visuals. You are eager to grow and learn and at Remedy you will play an active role in developing yourown skills as part of our team of talented Visual Effects Artists.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- In this role you will have the opportunity to create amazing visuals while working on one of our current AAA projects
- You will work on various aspects of our VFX game features, take care of visual development, content asset creation and implementation
- You will work as part of a team that will guide and support you in your day-to-day work
What you bring to the role
- You are an experienced Visual Effects Artist, that previously worked in game development or similar industry, with a range of realistic and abstract, high-quality real-time effects.
- You have a good understanding and knowledge of techniques used in game engines and real-time visual effects
- You are experienced using industry standard 3D content creation tools (Houdini, Maya, 3DSMax, Substance, Photoshop, etc.)
- You can give and take constructive feedback while interacting with stakeholders, directors, leads and/or other team members and channel it into improving the product
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you can communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated towards a friendly and inclusive work environment.
- We appreciate any additional experience working with AAA action titles, and working with proprietary engines.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV/LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed