The Visual Effects Art internship here at Insomniac Games, is an excellent opportunity to be part of game production. This intern will enjoy the work of a fast paced and creative environment of a games studio. A successful intern will end the summer with a AAA game credit for their resume and will have the opportunity to be mentored by senior members of the team, through the Insomniac process for creating visual effects art.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Polishing assets
- Optimizing visual effects to be performant
- Using Maya, Photoshop, and proprietary tools
- Creating visual effects from scratch
- Creating materials for visual effects, including meshes and particles
- Set dressing levels and cinematics with visual effects
- Delivering milestones with the rest of the team
- Developing collaborative and team skills beneficial to game development
- Work closely with the VFX department, learn game industry techniques and workflows and receive the extra added bonus of getting assets into the game.
- Six to twelve months related experience and/or training, or students enrolled at a college or university, working toward a B.F.A. in Computer Art, Illustration, Game Design, Product Design, or equivalent.
- Master's candidates may apply for this internship.
- We will also consider recent graduates – within 12 months of graduation, when the internship begins
- Possess strong foundations skills, and production design skills.
- Must be proficient in Maya, Photoshop, and a real-time toolset such as Unreal or Unity.
- The ideal interns will be energetic, self-motivated, creative, and responsible, have a passion for video games and art.
- This is a paid, full-time internship.
- The student must be available to intern 5 days per week for approximately 40 hours a week.
- The duration of internship is flexible, but we expect at least an 8-week commitment from our interns.
- This role is based in Burbank, California, Durham, North Carolina, or remote.
Simply click the "Apply" button and submit your resume and your reel/portfolio. We look forward to checking them out!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed