PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fueled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform.
In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled UX/UI Engineer to help implement and improve the UI experience for upcoming AAA PC titles.
- Prototype, design and implement features to improve the gameplay experience on PC.
- Work closely with other team members to develop and extend systems and technology.
- Being able to take ownership over features and bringing them to successful completion within a set time.
- Helping out and support other engineers where needed.
- Protect the quality of the project together with the rest of the team.
Competencies, skills & knowledge:
- Able to design, implement and/or extend game systems for PC to improve the UI experience.
- A pragmatic, hands-on problem-solving mentality.
- C++ knowledge and experience.
- Able to design and write well-structured, readable, and maintainable code.
- Work well in a team and on a large code base.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Good understanding of code performance and complexity.
- Able to work well in an environment with deadlines and milestones.
- Experience in using Coherent middleware.
- Adobe Animate experience.
- Game industry and development experience.
- Strong debugging skills.
- (Native) Dutch speaker.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht