JOB TITLE: Senior UX Designer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK (with option to work remotely)
REPORTS TO: Game Director
What We Need:
You're a collaboratively minded designer eager to work with a global design team to pitch and develop game experiences.
Everything we build from a game design perspective you get your hands on; from systems to mechanics, from the HUD and menus to control schemes, from usability testing to player advocacy, you make sure that player experience is always at the forefront of your mind! We encourage you to share that passion with the Directors, Leads, and Implementers responsible for putting our game together. We love games that play well and look great; our view is that well designed UI / UX positively contributes to a great overall game experience. We can't build phenomenal games without you!
What You Will Do:
- Understand the needs of players and pair them with complex game mechanics to produce creative and effective UX solutions
- Understand what our players’ motivations, agency, and habits are. Make meaningful UX choices backed by research
- Work closely we UI Team to ensure they style guide and user experience can come together in one cohesive vision
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with a dedicated team of visual designers, UI/UX designers, and motion designers
- Create interactive prototypes that demonstrate the design and reduce risk in the production phase of development
- Collaborate with Leads and Directors to define the overall vision, design and interface of our next titles.
- Build documentation to communicate the vision, including but not limited to research, persona designs, user journeys, wireframes, flow diagrams and prototypes
- Create working prototypes that demonstrate the design and reduce risk in the production phase of development
- Take an iterative approach to development by working closely with the rest of the development team to improve the end user’s understanding of how to interact with the UI and improve the overall user experience
- Champion the design department’s UX related work, guiding future approaches to UX
- Ensure an overall high-quality level of UX design and User Experience
- Collaborate actively with teams across the globe
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You are skilled in Adobe XD or other prototyping tools that help you produce strong prototypes
- You take and iterative approach to development. Working closely with the development teams in the creation of intuitive UI systems
- Comfortable working with using technical toolsets
- You share our love for video games and good UX and UI approaches
- Example of calm under pressure, team-oriented and the ability to accept critique from creative director as well as clients
- You have a proven ability to digest complex and critical feedback and channel it into strong solutions
- You’re self-motivated and motivate others
- Humble at all times, not driven by personal ego
- You have excellent communication skills - must be ready to work with teams across the globe
Good to have:
- Experience with HTML, CSS, XML, XAML or similar
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG
- WPF (windows presentation foundation) and XAML knowledge used in Noesis UI/UX pipeline
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom