PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego Studio is looking for a highly skilled user experience designer to assist with the creation and support of our front-end and in-game user interfaces. The ideal candidate would possess a deep understanding of both visual communication and information hierarchy to provide the best product to our customers. This candidate should have experience working with design systems and iterative prototyping.
- Prepare and assist in designing all facets of the User Interface from conceptualizing wireframes, user flows, and interaction patterns to overseeing the final implementation of features.
- Partner with research to strategize, playtest, and verify your work with users.
- Partner with designers, programmers, and the interface team to ensure projects are completed on time and meet the expectations of the design intent.
- Bounce between multiple tasks, projects, and requests while maintaining consistency across all features.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback and critique.
- 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge of XD, Figma, or similar software.
- Understanding of fundamental layout principles, usability, and interface design best practices.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly within strict deadlines and time constraints.
- Agility to work with frequent design changes and iterations.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of programming principles is a plus.
- A passion for video games is a plus.
Required Application Materials
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed