Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
As a UX Designer, you'll work closely with senior art leadership, producers, developers, and interdisciplinary teams to understand player needs and build top-notch user experiences and interfaces. You'll help shape the UX direction of end-to-end player solutions and find opportunities for further research and innovation, working with senior designers and product leaders to define, improve, and implement design standards across every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Develop beautiful, fun game experiences that are intuitive, scalable, and on-brand by working closely with Engineers, PMs, Designers, and QA.
- Create interface wireframes and user flows, ensuring iterative feedback is incorporated throughout the development process.
- Work with stakeholders and teammates to gather, understand and codify requirements for various projects.
- Produce look and feel layouts, mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, mock-ups, motion works, and visual comps to help the team understand what to build and why.
- Work with senior artists and stakeholders from inception to drive development, implementation, QA, launch, and ongoing support. Help champion and implement user-centered design methodologies across products and studios.
- Educate and evangelize the importance of human factors, player feedback, and data-driven decision making in end-to-end user experience design.
- Work with your UX teammates to define and maintain interaction pattern libraries we can share across products, teams, and studios.
- Follow high level aesthetic direction from the Art Director from prototyping to final implementation of UX.
- 2+ years industry experience in mobile, social, or free2play games.
- Exceptional design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles.
- Proficiency using Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Strong ability and passion to collaborate in and with nimble, multidisciplinary teams.
- Clear and concise communication style that enables you to explain the thought process behind your work and build consensus around design goals.
- Attention to detail and solid organization.
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude.
- Bilingual in English & Japanese
- BA/BS Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or a related field.
- Experience with Flash/Animate, Sketch, and rapid prototyping techniques/software a plus.
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and analytics to help make informed design decisions a plus.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20