Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch's community of broadcasters and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As a User Experience Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality visual experiences which bring joy to people all over the world. Your ability to summarize design system needs into functional, beautiful solutions will be paramount for achieving success.
The Core UI Design System team at Twitch empowers our Designers and Engineers alike with consistent, accessible and aesthetic building blocks that bring their products to life. As part of this team, you will bring your touch to every product on Twitch as the backbone of the UI on our platform. We're looking for a gifted designer to establish new design patterns while building upon existing ones. We offer a series of stimulating problems, an environment that's exciting, motivating, fun, and new. The Core UI team presents the unique opportunity to work directly with your users every day and respond to their needs in real time. If you are an advocate for designing for humans and create playful and caring software for your customers, you will flourish on this team.
This position can be located in Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT or Remote US
- Collaborate with engineers and designers across the company
- Take full ownership of your designs from start to finish, including collaboration with partner teams, mockups, integration into the design library, documentation and hand off to engineering
- Participate in the planning and ideation process for new components and patterns
- Design UI components by using feedback, data, and an understanding of accessibility guidelines
- 2+ years experience as a UX designer, product designer, or interaction designer
- An aesthetic sense and the ability to design a flexible and cohesive solution across many points of input
- Empathy for those you work with who will use the design system day in and day out
- Experience working on design systems and WCAG compliance
- Expertise with Figma
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $117,800 - $160,000(hr/yr) and in New York City is $129,600 - $176,000 (hr/yr). Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7632
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed