Guerrilla is looking for a Head of User Research. This is an exceptional opportunity to join Guerrilla and lead a team that engages with game teams and PlayStation’s research teams to make the highest quality player experiences.
The User Research Director is responsible for managing a team of User Researchers and Data Scientists dedicated to partnering with game development teams to create the highest quality game experiences. As leader of the UR team you will understand the product development cycle to identify opportunities to bring player experience insights needed to improve the quality and consumer relevance of our games. You have a passion for video games and the vision for the business impact of user research.
What you will do
- Direct and manage all efforts related to gathering player feedback and deliver high quality reports to the game teams.
- Manage a team of user research professionals who are recognized for their skills, understanding of the dev team needs, and healthy, inclusive work culture.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the game teams and business needs and creating a UX strategy for collaborative engagement with game developers to effectively fit high impact user feedback into their development processes.
- Design and continuously improve methodologies for successful User Testing (Focus, Appeal and Usability tests), including the use of game Telemetry data.
- Develop and oversee the technology necessary to conduct impactful research. This includes custom tools and facilities, as well as collaborative technology which works in tandem with game development.
- Build and maintain relationships across the organization, both within PlayStation Studios and also with the SIE, platform and brand leadership teams.
- Act as an ambassador, evangelizing user research and UCD principles internally and externally.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are a self-motivated individual with a usability, user centered design, or human factors research background.
- You have an interest in improving player experiences and overall quality through user research.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to quality work, a deep passion and understanding of game design, be organized, analytical, methodical.
- You have strong verbal, numerical and written communication skills required; presenting information concisely and effectively to people at all levels of the organization is critical.
- You have at least 5 years of user experience research management experience in a global capacity.
- You have at least 5 years of games industry experience delivering across all phases of research on AAA videogame titles.
- You are comfortable interacting and communicating with stakeholders of different backgrounds and responsibilities.
- You have a passion and interest in videogames with an innate curiosity for understanding player motivations and behaviors.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like learning a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla!
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.