Bit Reactor is seeking a User Interface Artist with at least 3 years of experience in the game industry to create and execute various interface elements for a Star Wars strategy game. The UI Artist will be responsible for developing innovative ways to convey game information to the player, creating icons, motion graphics, and UI screens of various complexity, and collaborating with the design, art, audio, and engineering teams to bring the UI to life. The ideal candidate should have proficiency in 2D software packages, experience with 2D animation/motion graphics, and a strong knowledge and interest in typography. A portfolio or demo reel is required, and an art test may be required. Bit Reactor prefers candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor is in search of a User Interface Artist to help us navigate our course through hyperspace. As the UI Artist, you will be involved in creating and executing various interface elements from concept through post-production. You will be a bridge between art and design to help deliver a best-in-class player experience that will revolutionize strategy games through the lens of the Star Wars universe.
- Develop innovative ways to convey game information to the player.
- Create icons, motion graphics and other elements that maintain the visual direction.
- Design, Create and Implement UI screens of various complexity for the optimal user experience.
- Collaborate directly with Design, Art, Audio and Engineering to bring the UI to life.
- Work with the internal team and external partners to maintain an authentic visual consistency.
- Create wireframes for various UI flows.
- Export assets into the game engine to review in context.
- Contribute and foster a positive, collaborative, and creative studio culture.
- 3+ years of experience as a User Interface Artist on the game industry.
- At least one shipped AAA game on console or PC.
- Proficiency in 2D software packages (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects).
- Experience with 2D animation/motion graphics and how to leverage motion in the user experience.
- Strong knowledge and interest in typography.
- Solid understanding of graphic design and grid systems for composition and layout.
- Expert understanding of color theory.
- Demonstrable understanding of information hierarchies.
- Understanding of contemporary art production pipelines.
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills and an eye for details.
- Able to navigate the unknown and creatively solve problems.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Understanding of 3D software packages.
All candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel and an art test may be required.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland, USA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-11