Do you want to make games where high-quality UI is a critical component? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent? Would you like to help Bungie create their next enduring game IP?
As a UI Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will help define both the processes and technology that we use to build games. You will be involved in hiring, managing, and helping to set direction and priority of UI efforts within a larger project team. You will assist in prototyping new game experiences, architecting new systems, researching game technology, and engineering across our technology stack. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, cooperative, and diverse team of engineers to make impactful gaming experiences.
- Lead the development of UI systems and workflows for a new game
- Work with other engineering leads to resolve dependencies and align deliverables
- Directly manage engineers by providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Build and maintain production-quality code using C++
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build new gameplay experiences
- Professional UI engineering experience
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring, or guiding) engineers
- Effectively write clear, concise and accurate technical communications, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience working in C# and WPF
- Experience with game middleware (e.g., Concurrent, Scaleform, Havok, Unity, Unreal, Playfab, Gamesparks)
- Experience developing user interfaces and interface systems for console games
- UI or UX design experience
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations