At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Lead joining our incubation efforts early in development, you will coordinate and execute your owned feature's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development including post-ship. You will also work with cross-discipline peers and test leadership to help establish early test best practices for your incubation project's features. Your role will be to identify risks during the earliest phases of feature development and then highlight potential healthy paths forward, communicating and weighing the tradeoffs and costs of the options.
Test Leads are responsible for their holistic areas and must be able to craft and apply a unified approach to their area's features and content, as well as evolve that approach over time. You will lead the conversation with designers and engineers on how to mitigate risks and deliver the most value to your players by crafting robust future-facing strategies for consistently and sustainably delivering your area's content from pre-production, through ship, and into post-launch support. The incubations teams are dedicated to developing in a sustainable and healthy way and you will be a critical part of realizing that vision.
This Test Lead position will involve both test planning and test execution, and it is expected that candidates develop a deep knowledge of the engine, tools, features, and production pipelines. In the future, this role may include management and/or leadership of other Testers on the team.
- Help establish healthy test best practices and processes that we can carry forward into production and beyond
- Works with team to build and execute a sustainable project test plan that takes into account the team's test staffing, quality goals, and time constraints
- Executes test work as a highly-advanced individual contributor, with a focus on sustainable methodologies
- Builds and executes test maintenance strategies for owned content once it is shipped
- Plans and implements sustainable test strategies in a games as a service environment
- Drives team investigations into current test workflows and processes, and identifies improvement opportunities and solutions (including but not limited to process, staff, tooling/data, test methodology, prioritization, and scheduling)
- Utilizes project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on short and long term sustainability and team efficiency gains
- Strong desire to grow yourself and constantly evolve your approach and processes
- Experience operating on a multi-discipline team in a live service environment
- Leadership experience in a QA role within the games industry
- Excellent and efficient execution of test passes and in-depth feature investigations
- Ability to translate goals into shipping solutions, with a focus on cost effective alternatives and their trade-offs
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external-to-team stakeholders, and to convey complex concepts in a digestible manner (including documentation creation and curation)
- Ability to abstract and apply test concepts of risk, cost/value trade-offs, prioritization, and value-driven processes
- Desire to grow into a management position that focuses on growth opportunities for reports
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed