Unannounced Project - Technical Producer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a talented and experienced Technical Producer to join our Red Beard Studios headquartered in Brighton, UK and work on our unannounced Project.
At Red Beard, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join us as we work on creating a brand new game joining the already established and critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins and Rogue Company in Hi-Rez portfolio.
What our Technical Producers do:
- Be a leader on the Production team and production point focused on technical groups
- Collaboration with leads on capacity planning and schedule management for one or more game disciplines.
- Focus on development processes, identifying inefficiencies and introducing production and development process improvements.
- Be a conduit of communication between departments, and provide support to the team in a variety of different capacities.
- Work closely with the Production team and department leads, identifying and informing the team of any issues or needs.
- Look at long term strategies for any potential roadblocks and proactively address them.
- Partner with department leads, supporting their teams and their priorities.
- Drive features from initial requests through release.
- Sprint and Release plan and execute those plans, utilizing tools such as Jira and ConfluenceCombat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
- Identify and resolve team issues.
- Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department, and help define and encourage production best practices.
- Coordinate scheduling of software deployments working with Operations team
- Support software deployment across multiple environments (test, dev, live) including server configuration files.
- Support QA with feature testing setup, implementation, and general troubleshooting
Who we are looking for:
- Intermediate SQL Experience
- Ability to read and understand code (mainly C++)
- Strong experience being part of a technical team, or acting as producer/product owner/etc for a technical team preferred
- Familiar with Lean or Agile software development
- Experience as a Producer on AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.3+ years’ experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
- A team player who is flexible, adaptive and seen as a problem-solver
- Maintain a positive/proactive work ethic
- Eagerly tackles new projects and challenges in pursuit of career growth
- Strong communication skills
- Shotgun experience a plus
Apply for this job
Location: Brighton, UK
Date posted: 2022-01-20