Bungie needs your help to bring our animation systems to the next level in our unannounced title!
We are looking for someone to balance the creative art of animation with the technical challenge of delivering a world class gameplay experience. In this role, you'll be contributing in meaningful ways, working towards our goal of creating animations that are functional, responsive, and fluid. You will be working in Bungie's proprietary engine to create and extend animation systems that will help you and your colleagues to bring our game to life! You will support the Animation Team's goals of efficient completion of tasks as well as participating in critique towards the overall creative process. You will support the Animation Lead in driving and directing the player animation system and its custom toolset. Most importantly, you will empower the player through fun animation performances.
If this is the experience you are looking for, we are right there with you, it's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things, and we think you might fit in just fine. Be a part of our team and let's create new worlds together!
- Collaborate with multiple departments to prototype, solve and implement technical animation challenges
- Combine technical and artistic skills to ensure we can achieve a high level of fluidity and believability with our animations at run time
- Analyze existing features in Bungie’s proprietary gameplay engine, maintain systems, understand tech limits and know what the engine can produce
- Effectively connect with animators, engineers, and design, to give and receive feedback
- Communicate and document animation related processes and best practices
- Research and share knowledge of existing engine side animation tech within the industry
- In depth experience working with animation data and how it moves through a runtime pipeline.
- An innovative, collaborative, positive and solution-oriented spirit
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of animation concepts such as layering, blending, motion matching
- A demonstrable understanding of animation principles and anatomy
- Experience working with both key frame animation and motion capture data
- Interest in 2D Animation (animated films and anime)
- Maya tools scripting experience
- Proficiency with cloth, hair, and muscle/skin dynamics systems
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations