Unannounced Project - Realtime VFX Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an innovative FX Artist to join our Unannounced Project and work with our Red Beard Games' team in Brighton, UK, California, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Washington State
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our FX Artists do:
- Develop innovative, complex and visually stunning particle and shader effects within the defined visual style
- Creating assets such as textures, models and shaders relevant to visual effects art
- Concept, propose, and present creative ideas
- Work closely with our artists, animators, designers and programmers to implement effects
- Provide creative input specific to assigned tasks
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience creating FX in the games industry.
- Portfolio materials must demonstrate a strong understanding of particle effects technology, techniques, and implementation In a near current gen game engine.
- Strong technical knowledge of effects generation using Unreal Cascade (or a comparable engine).
- Candidates must show an aptitude for learning new/proprietary systems quickly.
- Experience with 3D Studio Max and Photoshop.
- Must have the ability to quickly conceptualize, present and execute ideas.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color.
- Must have the drive to conquer technical challenges.
- Must be able to handle an ever changing environment and tasks with positivity & excitement.
Apply for this job
Location: All Locations
Date posted: 2022-01-20