Unannounced Project - Lead Game Designer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a talented Lead Designer to join our Unannounced Project based in Brighton, UK. This position can work remotely from anywhere in the UK.
At Hi-Rez Studios, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins & Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lead Game Designers do:
- Contribute to and implement the vision of the game.
- Lead the design efforts to create iconic experiences with top-tier game feel.
- Mentor, level up, and lead your team.
- Creates a positive environment that allows for creative problem solving.
- Partner with other disciplines to innovate and make sure alignment is established.
- Drive playtests and rapid design iteration.
- Provide regular active feedback across the game as a whole.
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for making and playing multiplayer games
- Deep understanding of all aspects of design including: combat, levels, controls, balance, game-feel, retention, monetization
- 3+ years experience in a lead position
- Self-motivated, well organized, and humble.
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills
- Experience using game engines
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
Preferred candidates have:
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
Apply for this job
Location: UK Remote
Date posted: 2022-01-20