Insomniac's UI/UX Department is growing, and we are looking for a UI/UX Lead to help us build industry-inspiring player experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. This role is a blend of direct creative contribution and team management, balancing UI/UX art and design responsibilities with managing, mentoring, and prioritizing the well-being of your team – one that provides a critical component of the studio’s mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives by helping cultivate an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity. Want to learn more? Keep reading!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead a small team of UI/UX artists and designers
- Assist in establishing the vision, design, and planning for Insomniac's current and future UI/UX systems
- Create art & design documentation and implement assets in-game, but not to the detriment of leadership responsibilities
- Provide mentorship, performance evaluation, and career development support and opportunities for members of the team
- Plan, organize, monitor, and evaluate the team's work
- Partner with other departments such as Design, Gameplay, and Project Management to:
- Provide creative, scheduling, and technical feedback on the game
- Help develop project goals and objectives
- Communicate UX requirements and technical limitations
- Ensure a balanced team schedule that meets project goals in a timely manner
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Collaborate with Insomniac studio leadership to support studio cultural values and champion a positive work environment
- Advocate relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Animate, XD, and Illustrator) and related content creation packages (Figma, Maya)
- Detailed understanding of digital interaction design fundamentals and patterns
- Experience creating style guides and development standards
- Strong game design sensibilities and interest in creating innovative player experiences
- Interest in people management/developing leadership skills, with a particular focus on employee wellbeing
- Experience working on UI/UX systems in AAA games is a plus
- Experience working with Coherent is a plus
- Experience scheduling, scoping, and/or distributing creative work a plus
- Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy is a plus
- Previous experience managing a distributed team a plus
Even if you don’t feel like you meet all requirements for this role, we still encourage you to apply. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly wouldn’t want it to prevent us from meeting you.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Location: United States, Remote
Country: United States