1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre.
What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than $120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. We are currently working on a brand new shooter in the Splitgate universe.
As a UI Engineer you will work closely with UI/UX designers and other engineers to build a best in class user experience for our new game. You’ll achieve this by creating flexible, maintainable systems on top of Unreal Engine’s UMG that allow the designers to realize their vision for the UI.
- Working closely with designers and artists
- Implement player-facing UI using UMG in Unreal Engine
- Architecting maintainable and reusable UI systems
- Refactoring legacy code to support new features
- Providing feedback on visual, game, and software designs
- Optimizing UI to keep the game running smoothly
- Providing support to designers working on your features
- Communicating with designers to clear up unknowns and edge cases
- Breaking down design mockups into actionable tasks
- Proficient with C++
- Understanding of asynchronous programming
- Understanding of garbage collection
- An interest in creating quality user experiences
- An interest in video games
Nice to Have
- Experience with supporting a live service game, delivering seasonal updates.
- Experience with a major game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity)
- Experience with UMG
- Experience building Console games
- Understanding of common UI architecture methodologies (MVC, MVVM)
- GitHub with recent personal projects, even better if they’re game projects
- Experience building Materials (shaders)
- Experience with Wwise
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed