Frontier, an independent developer and publisher of video games, is seeking a UI Designer to work on their upcoming Warhammer title. The role involves collaborating with game designers to create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and high fidelity mockups, as well as creating digital art assets for use in the game. The ideal candidate should have a solid UI design background in PC and/or console game development, experience in lo to hi-fi design development, and a great eye for composition, iconography, and typography. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
About the Role
We are looking for a UI Designer, to work on our upcoming Warhammer title, working closely with the UI Lead and other teams to deliver design solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join development on a new and upcoming title in the officially licensed Warhammer world.
Your passion for UI design and problem solving will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Collaborate with Game Designers to build features from scratch: from wireframes, to interactive prototypes, and high fidelity mockups.
- Create icons and layouts in keeping with an established art style.
- Champion usability and user-centered design.
- Create digital art assets for use in game
- Keep up to date with the latest designs and trends.
- Work closely with the team to understand problems and collaboratively develop smart solutions.
- Create high quality features that can be programmed and engineered by the Developers.
- A solid UI design background in PC and/or console game development or examples of having explored game UI designs.
- Strong experience in lo to hi-fi design development.
- Keeps up to date with new design methodologies, innovations and techniques and software packages.
- A great eye for composition, iconography and typography.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to remain calm and take important decisions.
- HTML/CSS experience.
- Familiarity with console development.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge Hybrid /
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-21