Timbre Games, a new studio in Vancouver, Canada, is looking for a UI Artist to join their team and work on their first stylized, high-production quality game. The UI Artist will be responsible for championing the UI aesthetic that aligns with the larger art direction and embraces the user experience, creating UI style guides, collaborating with the User Experience and Game Design teams, and designing high-fidelity mock-ups, mood boards, assets, and iconography. The ideal candidate should have a graphic design portfolio that showcases high fidelity UI/Branding/App visual design, a deep understanding of graphic design, composition, layout, and storytelling, and strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma. Timbre offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, flexible paid time off, and a values-driven culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
Timbre’s first UI Artist will elevate our current art team by exploring, owning and championing our UI visual style on our first stylized, high-production quality game. Through the use of graphic-design principles and a service-oriented approach, you’ll integrate visual design into our UI systems and be a huge part of making our games stylized, fun and accessible!
As a UI Artist at Timbre, you will:
- Champion the UI aesthetic that aligns with the larger art direction and embraces the user experience
- Advocate UI Art/Design at Timbre by exploring, defining and creating UI style guides and sharing to our studio of Timbreoos
- Partner closely with our User Experience and Game Design teams to execute magical, accessible and polished UI Design/Art
- Connect with the Art Team across the project to collaborate and inspire each other towards a shared visual direction
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, bringing assets to life in UE5 with their intended functionality
- Create and design high-fidelity mock-ups, mood boards, assets and iconography for pre-visualization during pre-production
- Research the latest industry trends to elevate the visual potential of our project(s)!
What you bring:
- A graphic design portfolio that showcases high fidelity UI/Branding/App visual design
- A deep understanding of graphic design, composition, layout, and storytelling
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma
- Experience at setting the UI visual identity and keeping your partners aligned with the vision
- A passion for visual story-telling with a focus on accessibility
- A collaborative approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise messages that are easily understood by all disciplines, as well as any external partners
What you might bring:
- An understanding of game-engine tools and pipelines, preferably Unreal Engine and UMG UI Designer
- An appreciation and understanding of procedural content generation (PCG), preferably setting up lighting pipelines on a previous project
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-03-17