JOB TITLE: UI Artist
LOCATION: Brighton, UK or Brno, Czech Republic
FUNCTION: Art / Design
REPORTS TO: Lead UI Artist
As a UI Artist at Hangar 13 Games, you will have a significant role in shaping the visual art to support the overall game design and user experience on our projects! You will collaborate with other teams like design, art, and engineering to help craft a rich and immersive interactive experience, that balances the needs of gameplay design and art direction. We love games that play well and look great; our view is that well designed UI / UX positively contributes to a great overall game experience, and we can't build phenomenal games without you!
What You Will Do:
- Assist Art, Design and UX with the visual look for a new Hangar 13 title
- Create high-quality UI assets, animations and UI prototypes that make our games stand out from others
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints and adapting to different art styles
- Collaborate with Leads and Directors to help define, build and maintain a cohesive UI Style Guide
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Leads and Producers into work
- Build documentation to communicate the overall vision, design and interface of our future titles
- Learn and assemble your work with proprietary game engine tools
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
- You're eager to learn, humble at all times and not driven by personal ego
- Example of calm under pressure, team-oriented and the ability to accept critique from Art Lead, Art Director and/or the overall team
- Skilled in Adobe Suite - primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or equivalent to help you produce strong visuals
- A proven ability to create cohesive animations and illustrations
- Comfortable in crafting and following style guides
- Ability to work within the memory constraints of a shipping game
- Comfort in working with technical toolsets, ready to learn to debug issues with your own content
- Excellent eye for quality and high fidelity
- You share our love for video games and good UX/UI approaches
- Self-motivated and motivate others
- Excellent communicator - must be ready to work with teams across the globe
Good To Have:
- A portfolio showcasing your Graphic, Motion Design and Typography skills
- Basic knowledge of scripting - HTML, CSS, XML, XAML or similar
- Experience implementing UI Art and Animations in a proprietary engine / Unreal Engine
- Understanding of working withing memory constraints while balancing artistic intentions
- Written HTML/XAML or equivalent
- 3D modelling
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic’s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Czech Republic