We're looking for a UI Artist to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a UI Artist, you will be responsible for collaborating with other disciplines such as game design, UX, and audio to create a consistent and meaningful experience between the player and the game.
The ideal candidate for our UI/UX team will create amazing player experiences through their knowledge of interface design, color theory, visual hierarchy, and illustration. The candidate will be responsible for creating deliverables that captivate players through impeccable visual design, while seamlessly allowing them to achieve their goals in the game’s various interfaces.
Who you are:
- You are an artist who not only creates beautiful art, but puts the player at the heart of your work, solving problems which help them seamlessly interact with the game
- You have an exceptional eye for aesthetics and can help maintain, develop, and define consistent UI throughout the game experience
- You’re organized, and demonstrate this through attention to detail not only in your art but within the way your work is arranged and communicated
- You’re an excellent communicator and are passionate about working across disciplines to advocate for your craft
- You’re player focused; you have a track record of creating interfaces that focus on clarity and usability, in addition to visual design
Some of your role:
- Collaborate with other artists to maintain and push the boundaries of our UI art style
- Create visually balanced and player focused mockups that demonstrate a solid understanding of readability, clarity, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Create, iterate, and define the iconography and UI style guide for Hytale
- Communicate with other disciplines, demonstrating and defining your work
- Work closely with UX to bring wireframes and prototypes to life through use of visual design principles
- Exceptional talent in creating UI designs focused on 2D and/or 3D art
- Expert level ability to work with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or comparable industry tools
- Proven knowledge of UI design fundamentals such as layout, animation, and typography
- A player focused problem solver, and passionate about creating innovative solutions
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the industry
- A proven track record of creating UI art in a shipped AAA title
- Experience with creating wireframes and prototypes demonstrating user needs
- Experience with implementing UI in a game engine
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in a related field such as graphic design, visual design, interaction design, etc.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Location: Remote/ In-Office