Larian Studios have 25 years of experience creating critically acclaimed role playing games and pride ourselves on our excellent storytelling — our most recent title, Divinity: Original Sin 2, has won over 160 awards (including the BAFTA for Best Multiplayer Game) and our next game, Baldur’s Gate 3, is currently in Early Access.
We need a Tools Designer that can interface between our teams and design a consistent and streamlined tools experience. You’ll design the tools and interfaces, working closely with our teams to learn their workflows, identify bottlenecks and figure out a flow solution for them.
- Process feedback from departments and user tests regarding tools UI/UX features.
- Design UX/UI proposals to support engine/game features and resolve issues.
- Maintain usability and design consistency of tools UI.
- Manage development (with producers, directors and tools developers)
- Validate updates and provide user facing documentation.
- Exceptional understanding of concepts related to software development environment practices and digital workflows.
- Knowledge of and experience with game development toolsets.
- Good UI/UX design skills.
- An unquenching drive to make the best game development experience possible.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with creative toolsets related to game development (Adobe, Houdini, Substance, Max, Maya, Blender etc
- Experience with engineering tools environments (architecture and other cad)
- Experience with modular, responsive UI solutions
- Experience with designing node graph and visual scripting solutions
- Experience in making this already elsewhere
What We Offer
- An international team of over 400 employees spread across 6 studios around the world, each of which have their own unique qualities, and maintain a small-studio feel
- An open, collaborative environment where ideas are welcome and encouraged
- A managerial team consisting of highly experienced game developers at the top of their fields
- Sharing hobbies and passions with likeminded colleagues
- Inclusive environment with many activities organized by the studios or the employees
- Commitment to making the best game possible for the fans, including listening to community feedback
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed