JOB TITLE: Tools Programmer
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Tools Engineer
Hangar 13 is looking for a highly self-motivated Tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games. Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multi-platform game currently in pre-production using Unreal Engine 5.
What You Will Do:
- Build tools within UE5, along with any necessary work to interface with external content creation tools
- Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 2+ years games industry or related experience
- Good C++ skills along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- C# and WPF/MVVM knowledge are advantage
- Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Self-motivated and passionate about games
- Good team communication skills, able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom