At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role
We are looking for a new Test Lead With Cross-Platform Experience to join our team.
Coordinator of all testing activities during every stage of the testing lifecycle, ensuring all plans are implemented and the team's output meets the established performance and quality standards. Catalyst of continuous employee professional development.
- Maintains/creates the bridge between the partner and middle/upper management.
- main point of contact for the partners regarding day to day project operations.
- Sets clear goals for each of the team members, tracks progress, offers support for professional growth.
- Main driver of periodical 1on1s with team members.
- Actively sharing relevant knowledge and mentor team members.
- Responsible for PIPs and PDPs.
- Ensuring the onboarding of the new employees.
- Facilitates project training and/or refreshment sessions.
- Responsible for the well being of the team on a daily basis while keeping everyone engaged and motivated.
- Actively involved in the recruiting process for testers/specialist positions.
- Make sure that communication is constant (both internal and external).
- Report progress, plans, and problems to all relevant stakeholders.
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given project.
- Allocates the daily work to the QA team.
- Reviews the Bug Reports created by the Test Team ensuring their validity, completion, accuracy.
- Contributing to the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery.
- Proactively comes up with new ways of improving existing processes.
- Defines and coordinates and enforces the implementation of testing strategies to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards.
- Can accurately analyze and relay risks to relevant stakeholders while at the same time providing ways to mitigate any potential issues
- Set Test Execution guidelines and best practices.
- Creates, maintains, manages or enforces the Test Plan.
- Owner of the test case creation process and can identify/address existing gaps in the proposed tests.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the QA project knowledge base.
- Previous exposure to Quality Assurance Processes and Methodologies.
- 1-2 Years of proven experience in leading a QA team in various phases of its development, from pre-alpha to live deployments.
- Demonstrated understanding and proven aptitude in people management, communication and customer driven focus.
- Demonstrated understanding and proven aptitude in workload management, problem solving, research and analysis and project planning and execution.
- Highly self-driven and proactive leader.
- A passion for delivering high quality applications.
- An overall passion for mentoring his team members and growing them professionally.
- Ability to learn, plan and be organized.
- Open and honest approach to challenges.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Very good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of business needs and pressures in relation to testing operations.
- Provide a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude.
- Creative solving of technical problems.
Nice to have
- Experience with test automation methodologies.
- Previous experience with mobile and web platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, Facebook).
- Previous experience with testing web based applications.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Location: Hybrid Remote<span>,</span> Bucharest, Romania