At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for a talented Technical Writer who possesses a passion for the small details. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville, Ontario.
Join the Technical Writing team to create world-class documentation fit for a global audience made up of the best talent in video game production.
WHAT WE DO
- We help bring clarity to the processes and systems that all Rockstars depend on.
- We produce a wide range of documentation to support all tasks from booting up a console to the precise details of exporting assets for the game.
- We collaborate with Artists, Programmers, Animators, Designers and Producers to help them build the documentation they rely on.
- We convert the expertise of all teams into easy-to-understand text, graphics, and video content fit for a global audience.
- We work with IT, Tools, and other development teams to create innovative ways to share and automate documentation.
- Create a wide range of high-quality documentation using clear and concise language.
- Collaborate effectively with internal development teams located across the globe to obtain and document precise information on tools, APIs, processes, and user workflows.
- Direct access to internal tools and technology to verify the validity of technical documentations.
- Responsible for writing, updating, and proof-reading of internal documentation through creative writing and aesthetically pleasing layouts.
- A degree in English, Communications, or Technical Writing.
- 2-3 years of experience creating written documentation, tutorials, and other training material.
- Fluent English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and systems and communicate them in a clear manner for the end-user.
- Motivated self-starter, who independently takes projects through to completion.
- Experience working with Wiki based media is a must.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Confluence Server and/or Cloud.
- Knowledge of content creation tools such as 3dsMax and Maya.
- Game development experience and/or a passion for games.
- Experience with Adobe software such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro, or other image editing software.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed