Technical Recruiter, Defence
You will join the central talent team with an initial assignment to help scale the Defence Business at Improbable, focussed on a range of technical recruitment activities.
We’re aiming to grow the Defence division in London in 2021 by approximately 150 hires. Our team is dedicated to and investing in our defence and national security business. This is where our modellers and engineers work to combine our distributed compute technology, massive-scale simulations, advanced probabilistic modelling and AI to help selected governments meet the threats they face. This article neatly details what we do: https://www.improbable.io/blog/working-at-improbable-what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-defence
As part of the wider Talent Acquisition Team at Improbable; we operate in a unique, embedded model which draws heavily on Agile principles to enhance recruitment excellence. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the success of a new business within a larger organisation - a huge opportunity to grow professionally.
You will join a team of experienced recruiters, working to clear targets in an environment where Talent is an important driver of business success. You will be reporting directly to a lead recruiter, who will help grow your skillset and experience and will own your career development.
Areas for Impact
- Partner with the business to drive the end to end recruitment lifecycle to ensure timely delivery, refining and streamlining the hiring process where possible
- Compose and execute creative sourcing strategies against prioritised Sprints to develop high quality talent pipelines with a meaningful emphasis on diversity
- Evangelise Improbable culture and value proposition, representing this passionately to develop alignment towards our mission
- Maintain exceptional standards and data integrity across tools and systems
- Breakdown, participate in and champion major projects and initiatives to improve talent acquisition at Improbable
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- 2+ years experience sourcing and hiring impressive technical talent either in-house or at an agency.
- Able to think strategically and creatively to develop effective, relevant and broad sourcing strategies to satisfy difficult to fill roles.
- Practised in the fundamentals of talent acquisition; creative, curious and innovative when considering modern frameworks and tactics to gain a competitive advantage.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with urgency and to drive to realistic deadlines.
- Operationally astute and data-oriented
- Empathetic, emotionally intelligent, motivated and passionate
- Highly resilient, relentless and cheerful in the face of adversity
N.b. Whilst we think the competencies above could be important, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from all backgrounds and experiences. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the requirements, then please still apply!
We are currently operating from home but envisage a hybrid home/office model. Our office is based at Spitalfields market.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20