Technical Project Manager
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
The Technical Project Manager at Skydance Animation Madrid will be responsible for planning, organizing, managing and communicating on multiple projects within technology. The TPM will work with other members of the technology department to provide effective communication to and from Technology and production teams and other studio departments. The Technology department provides a wide range of services, including IT infrastructure, software development, production pipeline engineering, technical support, and oversight of collaboration and presentation spaces.
- Lead technology cross-team project delivery from inception to completion, collaborating with multi-show and on-show technical leads to develop actionable and measurable project plans.
- Provide status tracking of project progress and partner with technical leads to manage trade-offs across scope, timing, resources and adjust priorities as needed.
- Drive accountability across teams for the accomplishment of work for project deliverables and critical path milestones
- Act as a liaison and primary facilitator between multi-show and on-show teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the multi-show technology and on-show production teams, studio counterparts, and external animation production vendors.
- Provide transparency and visibility through appropriate communication mechanisms (e.g. dashboards, status meetings, etc.) to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate and document post-project retrospectives for cross-team initiatives.
- 3rd party vendor management and budget tracking as needed.
- Partner closely with multi-show technical leads to help them shape and form their quarterly goals (AKA: objectives & key results (OKRs), ensuring teams are aligned with SDA studio priorities.
- Lead team planning and tracking activities including requirements gathering, backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives and demos.
- Drive continuous improvement across the Technology organization including process improvement, clarity of communication, optimization of resource utilization, and other areas to improve studio efficiency.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor associate technical project managers in project management and SDLC methodologies, animation technologies, as well as process and tools.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical project manager role, or equivalent experience leading geographically distributed development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Hands-on experience with project management and collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence. Admin-level proficiency is a huge plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required including collaboration, relationship management, receptiveness to feedback, active listening, conflict management, positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date posted: 2022-01-20