Technical Project Manager
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support creating exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
Our IT team is responsible of operating and developing our IT infrastructure and services, including workstations, networks, shared storage, console development kits, server and cloud platforms and applications.
The company goals of supporting multiple simultaneous game development projects and bringing in talent from different locations and partners keeps adding demands for the IT systems and services, and to keep the work efficient and relevant, we are looking for a Technical Project Manager.
Our team of 8 IT professionals spends time outside the working hours with a wide variety of non-IT related things like off-road biking, cooking, (retro) gaming, electronics, golf, figure skating, sailing, and with family & friends. What would you like to bring into the mix?
As our Technical Project Manager, you’ll be in a key role in developing the framework for project work in our IT organization. You’re also in the center with the rest of our IT team in combining the different needs of our departments into sustainable solutions.
In this role you’ll be working in interesting technical environment, which consists not only of developing “traditional” IT infrastructure, but also solutions that enable our game development. We have many departments consisting of experts in their field, who have very different needs in different areas, which also adds to the complexity of our technical environment and calls for creative solutions.
Our systems utilize a complex set of in-house and 3rd party development tools, many of which are on the bleeding edge of technology development. As our Technical Project manager, your operating environment is not limited only to our company: you’ll be also working together with our industry leading partners.
- Assisting our internal customers in creating change requests for existing and new systems and services
- Ensuring that processes around new systems and features are properly defined and that requests are well formed to make an actionable development project
- Keeping our backlog organized and prioritized so that we can easily identify which development projects to tackle next
- Ensuring that active development projects have been split to actionable tasks for our system administrators, and track their progress in cooperation with our system administrators
- Communicating between our internal customers and IT; translating requests into technical specifications and making sure request statuses are well communicated to internal customers
- Reporting the development projects progress and status to the team and the stakeholders
- Locating the external partners to work with, when our projects need specialist resources
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in managing IT projects (preferably 5+ years)
- Experience in project management in complex IT environments
- Ability to get real requirements from stakeholders/ internal customers
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills in English
- Good social skills and ability to communicate with both internal and external experts and stakeholders
Ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in both system integration projects of both on-premise and cloud-based solutions
- Experience in managing external consultants
- Ability to discuss technical details with the experts
- Good presentation skills and ability to present to experts and stakeholders of different areas
- Knowledge of different project management models
What is in it for you?
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- Above all, you get to work with great team and partners with the newest technologies and creative IT solutions to enable making awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the workload sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Date posted: 2022-01-20