Role descriptionThe opportunity
The world is changing rapidly, with billions of devices of all shapes and sizes running and rendering interactive content every single day. At the same time, Creators are changing too, seeking increasingly collaborative and streamlined tools. For Unity to meet these evolving needs, we need a significant shift in our foundational technologies to a modular, scalable, and cloud connected architecture. We understand the depth of innovation required to succeed at such a major shift, and we want you to join us to lead the path to an incredible future!
As a Technical Product Manager in our Content Pipeline group, you will drive the discovery, development and go-to-market of industry-defining initiatives. You will partner closely with Product Management, Development, Technical Program Management, and Design leaders to balance the strategy across the 3 axes of user needs, business goals, and technical feasibility. This is a role with room to grow, and we look forward to watching the 3D connected world grow with Unity at its core once you and the team succeed!What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with customers to discover new user needs and validate the technology in development.
- Engage with Unity’s teams across different platforms and industries to map out current and future product requirements.
- Extract, analyze, and visualize quantitative and qualitative data to drive and validate development and user experience in an unbiased manner.
- Team up with our Engineering, Product Design and Program Management teams to create a product vision and build the roadmap for the next-generation of collaborative workflows in Unity.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and help implement the go-to-market plans for releases.
- Strong product execution skills. You're methodical as you iterate towards problem-solution fit with a cross-functional team and customers.
- Strong analytical abilities and experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques and data analysis.
- Strong technical communication skills and ability to digest customer feedback to find hidden needs and deeper goals, while articulating complex concepts concisely for non-technical collaborators.
- Hands-on experience using Unity / Unreal Engine / proprietary game engine / real-time 3D development tools.
- Experience with Universal Scene Description and related standards.
- A good understanding of the real-time 3D content creation pipeline.
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Subscribe to all DevOps jobs in United Kingdom
Create Profile and Get Noticed