Technical Producers at Riot lead passionate development teams to create products and experiences that want to achieve maximum developer and player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Technical Producer II on the Motivations SRE Team, you will report into and work with the Initiative Operations Lead to lead the team in delivery of projects to improve operability, performance, and sustainability of key infrastructure and services for League of Legends. You will help the team balance between managing emergent live service work and implementing projects that reduce toil and improve the innovation speed of League of Legends feature development. You will define what success looks like for the team, and you will lead them to achieve it.
- As the team leader, manage the team’s maturity, performance, health, and happiness through continuous improvement
- Run day to day team production operation and development processes
- Collaborate with partner teams on cross-organizational dependencies
- With the support of the Initiative Operations Lead, own and improve the work system, team performance metrics and goals setting, product development processes, and delivery
- Lead product discovery and planning process, provide visibility and predictability
- Lead cross-team programs, manage the team backlog, contribute to business prioritizations and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience with technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Producer, Product Manager, or Development Manager on medium to large teams working on complex technical problems.
- Experience leading software engineering teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development process and practices
- Experience managing the priority of team and product backlogs, writing user stories, and leading estimation and scoping
- Experience working on services operating at a global scale
- Experience working in a continuous delivery/deployment environment
- Experience working with services, DevOps, or a related field
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed