NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same.
We are looking for a Technical Lead to provide thought leadership and identification of investment opportunities in emerging technology as part of NC Partners. NC Partners is an open innovation hub and investment arm for NCSOFT based principally out of North America. In this role, you will work closely with our Chief Strategy Officer and the corporate development team at HQ based in Korea.
As Technical Lead, you will be deep in the industry, leading discussions to interpret new trends across emerging technologies and help guide strategic investments. You will be expected to devise strategies for implementing said technologies at NCSOFT.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide commercial thought leadership in emerging technologies impacting consumer internet and video game industry such as metaverse, blockchain, cloud and quantum computing, no code development, AI/ML and more
- Attend conferences, build industry network and provide regular tech industry updates and market intelligence to internal stakeholders
- Lead evaluation of technology related investments
- Accelerate internal innovation and integration in alignment with NCSOFT’s strategic priorities
- Discover and refine innovation opportunities with global startups to foster partnerships and coordinate collaboration projects with NCSOFT HQ
- Ideate critical technology insights from which NCSOFT can develop new products, services, and business models – highlighting promising ways to reposition the business through new platforms and disruptive breakthroughs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 10+ years of work experience in technology space as engineer, R&D, tech start up investing or business/corporate development
- Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities described above
- Analytical, problem-solving and collaboration skills with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a concise and digestible way
- Ability to work independently
- Engineering/Tech background is strongly preferred
- Experience at incubators or accelerators and management of EIRs
- Strong gaming acumen and interest
- Fluent in Korean
We are open to remote work in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, NC, NV, NY OR, TX, UT and WA.
Total compensation is salary plus annual bonus potential. Please note that the listed pay range is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Location: Menlo Park, CA or Remote
Country: United States