We are looking for a seasoned, world class technical lead to help us design, architect and build the next iteration of the Dapper Platform. The Dapper platform is Dapper’s trusted gateway to your digital world and the easiest, most secure way to buy and store the digital assets we offer in our groundbreaking Flow blockchain games and apps.
The Dapper platform is more than just a wallet, it encompasses everything users and partners need to interact with our Flow blockchain. In this role you will have the opportunity to help us set the technical direction and execute on delivery in all areas of the product. This includes identity, custody, trust and safety, payments and developer experience. You will work alongside one of the best, if not the best, team you’ve been a part of.
At Dapper Labs, every team member shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need you to help us realize that vision.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Establish and support execution of Dapper’s strategic and tactical engineering efforts.
- Foster a culture of engineering excellence, growth and ownership on the team.
- Support the technical teams in ideation, technical design, implementation and testing of features and initiatives.
- Identify areas of/be the driving force behind improvements in our system design and the technologies that make up our stack.
- Mentor and support the technical growth of both the engineering organization and individual contributors.
- Be the driver of best practice adoption in both engineering execution and the software development life cycle.
A little about you:
- Minimum of 10+ years of Software Development experience
- Proven track record of designing, building and supporting complex systems in a fast paced environment.
- You quickly gain proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems and languages.
- Designed and scaled web2 APIs and complex backend systems.
- You have recent experience with Microservice architectures and system designs. Experience with different data stores and especially SQL databases. You know what data store is best suited to solve a problem and know how to scale and optimize the store for optimal performance.
- Anticipate technical issues or limitations before they occur and pro-actively execute on solutions.
- Ability to influence and affect change without requiring reporting authority. You communicate well, and effortlessly interact with business units outside of engineering to move our product forward.
We are extra excited if:
- You have recent experience with Kafka, PostgreSQL and Golang.
- You have a passion for and track record of working with blockchain technologies.
Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote – Remote or Vancouver, BC
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed