Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing portfolio of amazing games, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Digital Preschool division is an empowered product team which values communication, collaboration, and fun. Our primary goal and purpose is to build preschool apps that boost meaningful screen time for children, parents, and caregivers. As part of the larger eOne, Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro family, our digital brand portfolio includes the widely popular preschool app World of Peppa Pig, which has claimed the #1 spot in its category in over 20 countries since launch, as well as superhero hit PJ Masks: Hero Academy.
Our team is looking for a passionate and dedicated Technical Director to join us and drive the mobile app technology and technical direction for our projects.
In this role, you will lead the Engineering team and function, and partner with project leaders of all subject areas to deliver mobile app systems that create extraordinary player experiences. We’re looking for someone who believes app quality and technical excellence are critical components of success. In your pursuit of building high-quality and adaptable technical designs, you will also lead a team to do the same in building mobile app software and balancing risk to help ensure a successful launch of our apps. Your intimate knowledge of our technology and products will also be applied when you create the strategy for quality assurance testing applied to our projects. This will ensure our apps deliver a fun and stable player experience. Working with the leadership across functions you will be a key contributor to the growth and success of our business.
What You'll Do:
- Set the overall strategic direction for technology and quality assurance for our studio.
- Lead mobile app software development across the full development cycle of our projects, from prototyping to launch
- Lead quality assurance strategy for our projects by partnering with QA leads in pursuit of delivering high quality player experiences.
- Anticipate technical problems and risks, mitigate, and communicate status across team leadership.
- Partner with other leaders to review development plans, designs, processes, resource usage, time estimates, and project quality.
- Develop and mentor a world-class mobile app engineering team - you lead by example by: writing clear and maintainable code; promoting and implementing software development practices and standards; using KPIs and data to validate results and ensure team results are high quality; fostering dynamic and collaborative attitudes
What You'll Bring:
- 10 years software engineering with at least 4 years in a technology management role.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile titles, preferably on multiple platforms games in an agile environment.
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Proven knowledge of game development in Unity, as well as leading the development and operations back-end infrastructure for Content Management, Analytics, and Marketing.
- Strong understanding of full stack development for games (Client & Server).
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Proven ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- A passion for developing mobile games which will delight and amaze children.
We Are An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed