Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Technical Director Lead, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the global computer animation pipeline used to create animated feature films. You will guide your team to achieve the objectives, meeting quality demands and deadlines, and follow the guidance of your Supervisor.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve proprietary software used in parallel film productions.
- Keep up on current methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company.
- Lead the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their professional growth.
- Follows the Supervisor’s guidance.
- Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Proficiently expresses strategies and get the message across the team with enthusiasm and openly communicates to resolve issues.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Motivate and inspire team members, assigning tasks in line with abilities and skills.
- 6+ years of professional experience (experience in VFX or animation will be a plus).
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests to catch key issues as early as possible.
- Production experience and/or working with visual artists.
- Experience working with a source version control system (git).
- Good understanding of production pipelines.
- Experience with agile development and scrum methodology.
- Proven work experience as a team leader.
- Scripting skills with expertise in Python and PyQt.
- Solid engineering skills with an appreciation of code craft, code health, and addressing technical debt.
- Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline- oriented.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Proficient in English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed