Unity's Ziva Dynamics team is searching for a Technical Director Generalist, reporting to Ziva’s Senior Manager, Graphics Engineering!
We are looking for a candidate to help build the world's most realistic characters for AAA games and films.
Do you have a broad skillset in areas of real-time character creation building bodies, faces and costumes? Are you adaptable and willing to embrace the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment that fosters creative problem solving and experimentation? Do you have proven experience and a portfolio of work that demonstrates superior results?
If this describes you, then we want you to join our team!
What you’ll be doing
- Building real-time characters which includes rigging, modeling, animation, simulation and rendering
- Solving complex technical problems with creative and technical solutions in emerging areas of 4D scanning and machine learning technologies
- Documenting requirements and technical processes related to our wo
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in feature films and/or AAA games
- An ability to work independently and in a team environment, where you contribute back as much as you will learn in an environment that fosters creative problem solving and experimentation.
- Deep understanding of Maya and comfortable learning and contributing to the development of proprietary tools and pipelines
- Experience with at least one scripting language (python preferred)
- A desire to achieve excellence
You might also have
- Experience using Unity or real-time engines in areas related to rendering and graphics
- A curiosity about and willingness to learn new emerging technologies to help solve sophisticated technical and creative problems
Does this sound like you?
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Subscribe to all Production jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed