WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
As a Technical Designer in Animation, you will use your animation sense and technical understanding of character animation to design and create animation systems that facilitate realistic and high quality motion. Working with animation, design, and engineering colleagues, you will develop new tools and/or refine existing ones to ensure the animation/behavior pipeline operates smoothly and efficiently. You will also help identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions, using your technical knowledge to help bridge and facilitate communication between the animation team and other departments, such as engineering and design.
In This Role You Will
- Facilitate the creation of animation behavior tools/techniques/philosophies that allow the building of complex movement systems in a manner accessible by content creators
- Design and implement animation state machines/behaviors and runtime solutions
- Look for opportunities to improve the animation pipeline/workflow and help provide solutions for technical animation problems, including performing training and creating documentation for the animation team
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and solve in-game animation implementation issues and animation-related technical challenges
- Closely collaborate with the animation leadership to maintain the style and quality bar for animations in the game
What We're Looking For
- A strong animation sense and a clear understanding of character motion and how to achieve it with modern animation methods
- A good understanding of the animation pipeline, including source content creation tools such as Maya and the export process into a game engine
- Knowledge of how to combine animations to create good-looking motion
- Experience with AAA game development, preferably on a large team using an established game engine (internal or commercial); experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Familiarity with modern animation behavior tools and concepts, such as blend trees and state machines; experience with Unreal Engine Animation Blueprints is a plus
- Good communication and collaboration skills, especially with team members from other disciplines
- Coding knowledge or experience with C++ is not required
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed