WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
As a Technical Artist, you understand the importance of fostering positive relationships with creative and technical disciplines, and you use your knowledge to act as a bridge between them. You work closely with development teams to advance their visual style, enable efficient creation and integration of game assets, and improve the content creation pipeline. As a team player, you’re always looking for new innovations to improve the functionality, efficiency, and usability of existing tools.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop tools and scripts for the art pipeline with an eye for optimization and industry best practices
- Build shaders to meet the needs of the artists and the game
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to ensure consistent technology, standards, and content creation
- Collaborate with artists to understand their needs and improve pipeline workflow and efficiency
- Collaborate with engine and gameplay teams to build features and solve implementation problems
- Support the creation and integration of game assets
- Help develop and enforce content creation and performance guidelines through tools, documentation, and communication
- Advance art quality through the pursuit and development of improved content creation methods
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Proficiency with Maya
- Understanding of Python and object oriented programming
- Understanding of shader development
- Ability to create artist tools that increase quality of art assets and streamline productivity
- Proficiency with a 2D graphics software package (Photoshop preferred)
- Understanding of art workflows and content deployment pipelines
- Experience working with at least one modern game engine
- The willingness to be a team player
- The drive to take initiative and thrive in ambiguity
- The creativity to find outside-the-box solutions for technical challenges and limitations
- Good communication, organization, and time management skills
We are open to remote work in AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, NC, NV, NY OR, TX, UT and WA or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed